Home-Teck designed and installed quality custom Shade Sails for residential and commercial application. They are perfect for covering outdoor spaces where temporary or semi-permanent shade is needed. A architectonic and economical way for covering pools, decks, patios or any outdoor area that needs protection from the hot California sun. Our Solaris sail shades provide UV protection and comfort keeping you and your customers safe and comfortable - while still providing air-flow and a stunning visual display.
Multiple applications available
Our Solaris SP shade sails (Sail Permanent) are a perfect economical solution when you can be flexible with where the shades are placed. Our Solaris SRH shade sails (Sail Retractable Hand operation) are still economical with the comfort sun when you want it and shade when you need it. Our Solaris SRM shade sails (Sail Retractable Motorized) is the ultimate shading solution, powered by somfy RTS motor allowed you with a push of a button, or full automatically over wind and sun sensor to extend or retract your shade sail.
Have the Coolest Shade for Your Outdoor Space
Hotel & Resort Properties - Pools, Spas & Outdoor Wedding Venues- Restaurants- Outdoor Dining areas, Waiting areas & Bar areas
Sporting Venues - Ballparks, Swimming pools, Tennis courts & Soccer fields- Residential- Decks, Patios, Pools & Parking
Schools - Daycare, Preschool Center & playground
Solaris SP shade sails (Sail Permanent)
Solaris SRH shade sails (Sail Retractable Han Operation)
Solaris SRM shade sails (Sail Retractable Motorized)
Design Service: Home-Teck create innovative conceptual drawings using satellite mapping and 3-D design software. This lets us create a design that tracks the sun’s movement throughout the day and year and ensures you get the shade you pay for.
Engineering: State certified engineering resources ensure that Home-Teck commercial installations meet California building codes. Our secure commercial shade sails are built to keep your business and customers safe. Home-Teck can provide the contractor permitting and inspection process management.
Installation: Home-Teck is Licensed and provides full installation in the greater San Francisco bay area, including excavation, pole installation, concrete work.
1. Can I install it by myself and how long would it take?
This depends on the site, but in general two people could install a single Shade Sail in a couple of hours if the attachment points are already in place.
2. What do you fasten them to?
Shade Sails are easily attached to structures that provide a good firm fixing. This could be the wall of a house, a well built pergola, or wooden or metal posts concreted into the ground. For a temporary installation you can fasten them to trees or strong climbing frames.
3. What are they used for?
Sail Shades are designed to provide shade and shelter from the sun’s harmful rays. The sail cuts up to 99% of harmful UV rays and provides 15-20 degree temperature reduction - and a pleasant area to enjoy the outdoors. They are used by both residential and commercial applications to provide shade and a visually striking appearance. They can also provide privacy for patios and decks.
4. Are they waterproof?
Shade sails are designed to let the hot air out from under and allow wind to pass through so they are not fully waterproof.
5. How long should I keep the sail up?
Because the sails are UV stabilized and are very well constructed , the sails can be left in place and only taken down when extreme bad weather is forecasted. Each sail shade comes with a 10-year limited warranty. Please note that the warranty is not covered by damage caused by storms, hailstorm, hurricanes, fire, lightening, or damage done by birds, other animals or any form of vandalism or misuse.
6. How do I clean them?
A hose and soft brush is all that is recommended to clean your sail. Do not use a high pressure water device to clean your Shade Sails as it can damage the sails. Please note that harsh chemicals like bleach, or other chemicals containing sulphur, chlorine, and bromine can damage your sails by attacking the UV stabilisers within the sail shade, which can reduce the life of the product.
The Home-Teck Shade Sails come in a Triangle, Square and Right Angle shape. Custom shapes can be made
8. Do these shades protect from UV rays?
These shades are very effective at blocking 99% of the harmful UV rays from the sun.
9. Do we need permits to install these shades?
Planning permission is not normally necessary to erect these shades at a residence if the attachment points are already in place. If poles need to be installed, a call to your city permit department can confirm your specific requirements. For commercial installations, permits are normally required. Florida Shade Company can provide desgin and engineering services that include the appropriate permitting and licensing processes.
10. Do you do other sizes?
We can arrange a quote for custom sized Shade Sails. All you need to do is provide dimensions and shape and we can provide a custom quote. For multi-sail commercial installations, we recommend you request our design service. Custom Shade Sails also have additional color options
11. What is the warranty for the Home-Teck Solaris shade sail products ?
- All warranties below are effective from the date of installation
- Home-Teck reserves the right to repair or replace any item covered by this warranty.
- This warranty will be void if the structures are not paid for in full.
- The warranty is void if the structures are not installed in strict compliance with the manufacturer specifications.
- Purchaser shall notify Home-Teck in writing detailing any defect for which a warranty claim is being made.
- Home-Teck shall not in any event be liable for indirect, special, consequential or liquidated damages.
- The warranty is void if any changes, modifications, additions or attachments are made to the structures or fabric without the written consent of the manufacturer.
- No signs, objects, ornaments, fans, lights, fixtures or decorations may be hung from the top part of the structure, unless specifically designed and engineered by the manufacturer. These items may interfere with the fabric causing the warranty to be voided.
- Home-Teck warranties its sewing thread for a period of eight years.
- This warranties that the sewing thread will be free from defects in material and workmanship and will not be damaged by exposure to sunlight, weather and water.
- Labor for the removal, installation and/or freight charges, or tops with damage caused by thread will only be covered in instances where Superior Shade had installed the shade structures. In all cases where shade structures were not installed by Home-Teck, all labor for the removal, installation and/or freight will be at the customers' expense and the warranty will only be applicable to the repair or replacement of the defective materials.
- Home-Teck carry a ten-year limited manufacturers warranty from the date of installation against failure from significant fading, deterioration, breakdown, mildew, outdoor heat, cold or discoloration with the exception of the umbrella shade structures which carry a three-year limited warranty. Should the fabric need to be replaced under the warranty, Home-Teck will manufacture and ship a new fabric at no charge for the first six years, thereafter pro-rated at 18% per annum over the last four years.
- Fabric is not warranted where it is installed on a structure that is not engineered and built by Home-Teck.
- This warranty shall be void if damage to or failure to the shade structure is caused by contact with chemicals, misuse, vandalism or any act of God,including but not limited to, ice, snow or wind in excess of the applicable building code parameters.
- All fabric tops are warranted for sustained winds up to 76mph (hurricane force 1) and for gusts of up to 3 seconds duration up to 90mph with no snow or ice accumulation.
- Labor for the removal, installation and/or freight charges will be covered in full a period of twelve months where the shade structures supplied and installed by Home-Teck are defective. In all cases where the shade structures are not installed by Home-Teck, all labor for the removal, installation and/or freight will be at the customers’ expense and the warranty will only be applicable to the repair or replacement of the defective materials.
- Home-Teck reserves the right, in cases where certain fabric colors have been discontinued, to offer the customer a choice of available colors to replace the warranted fabric of the discontinued color. The company does not warranty that any particular color will be available for any period of time and reserves the right to discontinue any color for any reason it may determine, without recourse by the owner of the discontinued fabric color.
The structural steel frames are covered for a period of ten years against failure due to rust corrosion or faulty workmanship.
Workmanship and painted surfaces are warranted for a period of twelve months. This warranty shall be void if damage to the steel frame or paint is caused by contact with chemicals, misuse, vandalism or any act of God, including but not limited to, ice, snow or wind in excess of the applicable building code parameters.
Acts of Nature:
This warranty does not cover natural disasters, such as earthquakes, shifts of terrain or tornados. If the structure is installed in an area exposed to hurricanes, removal of the shade fabric is required when a hurricane warning is issued.
Acts of Nature:
Structures are warranted for winds up to 145mph only if shade canopies have been removed as per requirement set forth above in the
Fabric paragraph. Removal and reinstallation must be performed by an authorized Home-Teck installer unless otherwise specified in writing.
Labor for the removal, installation and/or freight charges will only be covered in instances where Home-Teck have installed the shade structures. In all cases where units were not installed by Home-Teck, all labor for the removal, installation and/or freight will be at the customers' expense and the warranty will only be applicable to the repair or replacement of the defective materials.